- Experience one of Nagano’s most spectacular fireworks display – the Azumino Fireworks Festival – including reserved seating for an uninterrupted view of this stunning event!
- Visit Nagano’s world-famous Snow Monkey Park – home to the only hot spring-bathing monkeys in the world!
- Enjoy Nagano’s renowned food culture with a late lunch at a nearby restaurant Wander the beautiful surroundings of Daio Wasabi Farm and soak in the rural beauty of Azumino
|Destination||Snow Monkey Park Daio Wasabi Farm Festival ground in Azumino|
|Start / End||Nagano Station / Nagano Station|
|Operator||Snow Monkey Resorts|
Set against the beautiful Northern Alps, the Azumino Fireworks Festival is one of best events on Nagano’s summer calendar – a spectacular display quickly bringing this picturesque rural locality to ever greater attention! This tour combines reserved seating at the fireworks with a visit to Nagano’s world-famous Snow Monkey Park – home to the only troop of monkeys in the world known to bathe in hot springs – and late lunch at a nearby restaurant. With around 10,000 fireworks lightning-up the summer sky, this is a grand event but on a very local scale!
11:00 Meet up with the guide
Your guide will meet you at JR Nagano Station at 11:00-11:10am (the guide will be there from 10:50am) and once all guests have arrived, get the tour started by heading toward the Snow Monkey Park.
12:00 Arrive nearby the Snow Monkey Park
Accessed via the hot spring village of Kanbayashi Onsen, you will be dropped as close as possible to the park before your guide takes you along the forest trail leading into the park itself (1.6km each way), taking approximately 30 minutes. This beautiful and easy walk builds anticipation before arriving at the park.
12:30 Snow Monkey Park
Enjoy the monkeys – Japanese macaques – and the unique behaviour of soaking in the hot spring. With no barriers between you and the monkeys, you are free to enjoy watching them bathe, play, fed, and endlessly groom each other – remember to bring your camera, you’re going to need it!
13:30 Depart the park
From there your guide will take you back along the forest trail and to a nearby restaurant for a well-earned late lunch.
Nagano is renowned for its food culture and your guide will be happy to talk all things food as you enjoy a late lunch in a relax atmosphere.
15:00 Depart the restaurant and begin the journey toward Azumino.
Leaving the restaurant your guide will have you board the tour bus and begin your journey toward Azumino. Set against the dramatic background of the Northern Alps, this beautiful rural area is well-known among Japanese and only now coming to the attention of international visitors.
16:30 Arrive at Daio Wasabi Farm and enjoying wandering around the beautiful farmlands for 30 to 40 minutes.
First stop is Daio Wasabi Farm, to enjoy (and perhaps be surprised by!) the subtlety of flavor and versality of use for real wasabi. This beautiful farm is as famous for its serene setting – featured in the Kurosawa Akira film ‘Dreams’ – as it is for the peppery flavor of its wasabi. You’ll have the chance to stroll and if so inclined, try wasabi chocolate, ice cream, or even beer!
17:30 Arrive at the festival grounds and be be led to your reserved seating and get set for the fireworks display at 19:00.
It’s then time for the main event. Arriving nearby the festival grounds your guide will quickly lead you to your reserved seating and get you comfortable before the first of an estimated 10,000 fireworks bursts into the night sky around 19:00! In the warm summer night you’ll be dazzled as this wonderful display captures the imagination and the crowd reacts to every brilliant burst of light.
20:30 The festival concludes and board your tour bus to begin the journey back to Nagano.
The spectacular show will draw to a close around 20:30, after which your guide will have you board the tour bus as quickly as possible, to begin the journey back to JR Nagano Station where the tour has an estimated end time of 22:00 to 22:30
22:00 The tour concludes at JR Nagano Station or Hotel Kokusai 21 (for guests who book a tour including accommodation).
Nagano Station - At the Information Board across from the Shinkansen exit gates
- Transportation fee from Nagano to the Snow Monkey Park and Azumino Fireworks Festival
- Snow Monkey Park entrance fee
- Reserved seat (Manouku seat) at the Azumino Fireworks Festival
- Lunch (vegetarian options are available, please let us know beforehand)
- English-speaking guide
- Shinkansen/bullet train tickets
- Dinner (there are many vendors at the festival so you can choose freely from what is available there)
- Accommodation (unless a tour including accommodation is requested)
- Please wear shoes/boots suitable for walking into the monkey park, along an unsealed but well-maintained mountain trail.
- There are a few days in the year that the monkeys might not come down to the park. In such case we will provide an alternative activity.
- Infant (0-5) lunch is not included and the order will be made directly to the restaurant according to your needs.
- This tour has an estimated end time of between 22:30 and 23:00 at JR Nagano Station, after the final shinkansen services. Guests should arrange accommodation nearby the station.This tour has the option of including accommodation upon request.
- The tour application deadline is 5 days before the tour at 17:00.